Eco Friendly Tips: 6 Unique Green Goods From The Eco Shop
Nowadays, you can purchase green goods in just about any category, from green beauty products to keep yourself naturally young looking; green technology to keep the tech-savvy people happy, to green organic foods at your local grocery store; eco fashion apparel and accessories to keep you stylish and trendy. You can get just about anything you want from the eco shop down the road or online that encourage sustainable living, and give you guidance on how to be environmentally friendly in your day-to-day life.
Below are some unique green goods that we felt deserved to be talked about:
- Stainless steel soap bar – Yes, you heard right! It really does exist. In fact, it’s the next big craze in eco-friendly kitchen accessories, as it doesn’t require any actual soap to use. This is a soap bar-shaped piece of stainless steel that is said to do wonders at removing various kinds of odors from your hands after preparing food, such as garlic and onion. Using it is easy, simple rub the stainless steel bar in your hands under cold water, and the odors will magically disappear! What is the science behind this? Well, scientists seem to be stumped on this one, but theorize that it works by the friction caused from the rubbing action. Weird, huh?
- Scared Grasshopper Solar Toy – Now this is a cute green technology item! Kids (and even cats) love the solar grasshopper toy. It’s basically a plastic grasshopper shaped toy, with 4 metal prongs for feet, and has an 18mm x 30mm solar panel on it’s back. When exposed to direct sunlight, this little critter will begin to shake frantically and move across any given hard, flat surface. No batteries required! It’s good, simple fun.
- “I’m not a paper cup!” mug – Looks can be deceiving! These cups are most certainly not made of paper. Styrofoam and paper cups are an unnecessary waste of space in landfills (find out how many we waste per year in this eco friendly tips article) Instead, this mug is made of an entirely ceramic material, with a silicon lid and sleeve. These are a fun, eco friendly alternative to paper cups and travel mugs. Pick one up today! You will be the envy of your office!
- iPhone and iPod solar chargers – Another very cool breakthrough in green technology, and green goods in general! They are perfect for everyday usage, or when you’re not near a power outlet to plug your phone charger into. Just keep one in your purse or coat pocket, and plug your phone in when necessary. As expected, it takes a while to get a full charge, but you are using the direct power of the sun to charge your phone, so that’s expected. A very cool item worth taking a second look at. There are even all-purpose solar chargers for your blackberry, camera and more!
- Cube cardboard speaker set – Another very cool piece of green technology! These are foldable cardboard speakers that you can draw, sketch or paint on to customize. Coloring these speakers is a perfect way to keep the kids entertained, and will give you something sentimental to have at work!
- Bamboo iPhone cover – All of your iPhone-owning friends probably have phone covers…. But, how many of them have a bamboo iPhone cover? That’s right. A cover made completely from renewable bamboo. Your phone will be the envy of your social group, and you might be able to convince a few people that you are using a 100% wooden mobile phone!
Thought for the Day
We hope you found something to peruse through the next time you’re green shopping! What kind of green goods are you generally on the lookout for? Share with us in the comments section below, we’d love to hear!